J. D. Abrams, L.P. began operations in El Paso, Texas, in 1966. In November 2000, J. D. Abrams, Inc. became J. D. Abrams, L.P. Today we are headquartered in Austin, Texas. We at Abrams are full service heavy civil contractors, specializing in public works infrastructure projects.
Abrams operates from four area offices located in Austin, Dallas, El Paso, and Houston. Our organization also consists of two subsidiary operations: Austin PreStress, and Transmountain Equipment, both located in Austin, Texas. Austin PreStress has manufacturing facilities in Austin and El Paso.
Although highway and bridge construction for the Texas Department of Transportation makes up the majority of our construction work, we have completed a variety of other types of projects:
- Pass-through financing, Spur 601 in El Paso, TX
- Design/Build Projects, Texas and Louisiana
- High Speed — Strict Tolerance Rocket Sled Test Track at Holloman AFB, New Mexico
- Four International Bridges in El Paso, Texas
- Flood Control Dams in Sanderson, Texas
- Reservoir and Dam in Granger, Texas
- Segmental Bridge near Pascagoula, Mississippi
- Highways in Florida
- Flood Control Dam in Las Cruces, New Mexico
- Turnpikes for the North Texas Tollway and the Harris County Toll Road Authorities in Dallas and Houston
- Toll Bridge in Grand Prairie, Texas, for the Texas Turnpike Authority
- International Airport Taxiways in Houston Texas
- Railroad and Taxiways at Fort Bliss and Biggs Army Air Field in El Paso, Texas
- Waterway and Channel work in El Paso, Texas
- Airfield work for the cities of El Paso and Houston
- People mover construction at Houston Intercontinental
- Military housing infrastructure, Fort Bliss, El Paso, Texas
- Emergency response- repair and clean up.
The J. D. Abrams, L.P. professional staff includes project estimators, project schedulers, and quality control personnel. Our construction projects are staffed with equipment operators and craftsmen who take pride in their work and the product that Abrams delivers to project owners. All of our projects are staffed with experienced and seasoned project foremen and superintendents. We are proud of our safety record, and our position as a leader in the industry in safety.
We at Abrams believe that cooperation and communication are the most important factors that produce a successful construction project. Our firm is a proponent of the partnering philosophy, in that the owner and we function as one team.
Both Abrams and the professionals who represent us have received numerous awards for both the quality of the projects we have constructed and the involvement we have had with civic organizations and businesses impacted by construction. Our project personnel have also been recognized for their partnering spirit and leadership on complex construction projects.